What is your why? Why are you wanting to start getting healthy? Are you trying to lose weight? Are you tired of not having energy? Do you find that you are always catching something? There are many reason’s people choose a healthy lifestyle. For me, I was just tired of feeling unmotivated, tired, and not having energy to keep up with my kids. I was irritable all the time; I didn’t want any intimacy. There are hundreds or reasons people decide to begin a healthy lifestyle. If you don’t know your why, it’s hard to stay focused, motivated and on track.
Here are some tips on how to stay on track:
- Write down your why and post it in a visible place.
- Create a plan, write out a schedule each week and make it a priority. This way you don’t have an excuse and you can plan around your family and work schedule.
- Plan your meals. If you don’t have a game plan, or you don’t feel like cooking that night, you end up getting take out and that’s not the best option. If there are meals you can make ahead of time, bonus!!!
- Have balance. This is huge. Have you tried to have a healthy lifestyle in the past but it not work out? Why do you think that is? Were you too militant about what you ate and what you did? Did you get bored with that? Did your cheat day turn into several cheat days. Don’t allow yourself an entire cheat day, try to keep it to one meal a week.
- Take before and after pictures. This is a great motivator!! You might feel better but might not see the difference. Take one every 60 or 90 days.
- If you are working out, have a plan. If you have something written before going to the gym you will have a better workout than trying to just wing it when you get there.
You’ve Got This!
For me, once I started drinking my exogenous ketone supplements, working out more consistently, and eating more of a ketogenic diet I was able to keep my focus, keep my energy up, and be overall happy. If you are choosing a healthier lifestyle, let’s do it! If you are looking for your happy, look in the mirror – only you can create your own happiness.
You can do this! It will be an adjustment for sure – but a good adjustment.
Want to know what I am going to post next? Sign up to receive my blog post notifications!